So think of all the deliciousness that goes into pecan pie and putting it on oatmeal to make this Pecan Pie Oatmeal Recipe. It is crazy good but not as crazy as you may think. I literally had one of those pre-made pie crusts in the fridge so I baked it and put some of the pieces on the oatmeal along with pecans and a little molasses and DANG WAS IT GOOD! Sorry, but you should figure out how to make this asap!
If you want, you could sub the molasses with brown sugar, or sugar or add those to the molasses I’m no watchin 🙂
Pecan Pie Oatmeal Recipe
- ½ cup of Bob's Red Mill Steel Cut Oats
- 1 ½ cups of water
- Kosher salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter
- leftover cooked pie crust broken into small pieces
- 4 tablespoons of roughly chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon of molasses
- Bring the water to a boil in a medium size pot and mix in the steel cut oats. Turn the heat to low and occasionally stir for 20 to 25 minutes or until the oats are al dente and the water is absorbed.
- Next, stir in the salt and butter until mixed in.
- Top off with a pie crust pieces, pecans and molasses.