Get 5 Secrets to Make Homemade Taste Food Better + New Recipes Weekly!
Published September 29, 2014. This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
While this Pappardelle Pasta Recipe with Sausage and Vegetables has some summer notes in it, you can definitely still make it throughout the fall. My wife loves pappardelle and so do I, and it’s crazy to think it’s been probably 7 years since I made it. If you are making pappardelle from scratch, there are so many cool things you can do like infusing flavors. You can add in basil, sun dried tomato, garlic, literally the possibilities are endless, so if you have a pasta maker then do it!!! There is really nothing to this Pappardelle Pasta Recipe with Sausage and Vegetables that makes it special, it’s just really tasty and extremely easy to make. In addition if you are having a little get together and pasta is on the menu, definitely use pappardelle as it will certainly impress your guests! There’s just something that is cool about eating big fat noodles haha. I know it sounds weird but when you eat everyday things that are slightly altered taste better for some reason. For instance the very thinly slice vegetables in this Pappardelle Pasta Recipe with Sausage and Vegetables tastes better then if they were just chopped up or something. Anyways, try it out, I think you’ll dig it!
The poached egg on top just adds a certain level of creaminess that is just so good!
Believe it or not my wife found this serving tray in our alley in the trash, so I turned into something useful 🙂
of course a nice big picture for your to pin.
Pappardelle Pasta Recipe with Sausage and Vegetables
- 1 pound of egg pappardelle pasta
- 1 pound of loose Italian sausage
- 1 thinly shaven zucchini
- 1 thinly shaven squash
- 1 cup of thinly sliced snow peas
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes
- 5 tablespoons of olive oil
- poached eggs
- 2 tablespoons of fresh chiffonade basil
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425°
- On a sheet pan lined with parchment paper spread out the zucchini, squash and tomatoes and coat with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and roast in the oven for 12 to 14 minutes or until the edges begin to crisp slightly.
- In a large saute pan with 3 tablespoons of olive oil add in the sausage and cool until browned and cooked through.
- In that same pan add in the snow peas and quickly saute. Next, gently add in the roasted vegetables from the oven and keep warm
- In a large pot of boiling salted water add in the noodles and cook until al dente (8 to 10 minutes).
- Drain the pasta and add to a bowl. Top off with the roasted vegetables, sausage and snow peas followed up with a poached egg. Garnish with fresh basil and Parmesan cheese.