I’ve recently partnered up with the NFRA (National Frozen and Refrigerated Foods Association) to make some killer recipes that scale from appetizers all the way to dessert, but I’m kicking it off first with the most important meal of the day. There is nothing like a hearty breakfast that is loaded with flavor and with the Jimmy Dean Sausage Skillet blend, it made my cooking super clean and super fast. This 3 Cheese Mexican Frittata with Salsa Fresca was insanely delicious and had very little prep thanks to the pre cut onions and peppers, and cooked potatoes and sausage. I literally only had to whisk together some eggs and cream and blend up some veggies. Oh and I had to heat up some rice and beans, but I just popped those in the mic on 90 seconds. The cool thing about this dish is once the eggs are gone you have a ton of left overs which can be used in tacos or burritos for lunch or dinner – You’r welcome 🙂
Mexican Frittata with Salsa Fresca
- 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter
- 2 cups of Jimmy Dean Sausage Skillet blend
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 1 cup of shredded cheese blend Colby, Monterey Jack, Pepper Jack
- one 16 ounce can of fire roasted tomatoes
- 1/2 small diced sweet onion
- 1 small diced jalapeño
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of chopped cilantro
- Avocado tortillas, refried beans and cooked rice for garnish
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, cream, salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a blender blend together tomatoes,onions, garlic, jalapeños and cilantro until smooth. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a cast iron skillet on high heat with butter, saute the Jimmy Dean Sausage Skillet blend for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Next, add in the egg mixture and using a rubber spatula move the eggs and sausage blend back and forth for 2 to 3 minutes and then place the iron skillet in the oven and cook on 375° for 5 to 7 minutes or until the eggs are cooked.
- When the eggs are done in the oven garnish with cheese and salsa fresca.
- Serve along side avocados, tortillas, rice and beans.