When I’m pressed for time and just need to get something on the table, my go to just seems to be pasta. As a chef, dad and husband I still want to put something respectable on the table and will always push for homemade everything. Pasta however doesn’t need to be some crazy extravagant ordeal that involves some ridiculously long process with ingredients that you can never find. It should be simple, few ingredients and most importantly be bursting with flavors! So when it came to crunch time the other night I whipped up this delicious Mediterranean Pasta Recipe with Fresh Tomatoes that literally took less than 30 minutes to prep and cook. So if you are scrambling to feed your family check out this Mediterranean Pasta Recipe with Fresh Tomatoes, and if you don’t have all the ingredients don’t worry just use what you have and remember to season with salt and pepper!
Must serve bread with this 🙂
Nothing but love in this pasta!
One last close up.
- 1 pound of cooked linguine pasta
- 2 grilled and sliced chicken breasts
- 3 finely minced cloves of garlic
- 2 chopped fresh tomatoes
- ¼ cup of sliced sun dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of capers
- ¾ cup of reconstituted and sliced porcini mushrooms
- ½ cup of pitted and sliced kalamata olives
- ½ cup of crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup of chiffonade fresh basil
- ⅓ cup of olive oil
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- In a large saute pan on high heat with olive oil, quickly caramelize the garlic and then add in the fresh tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes, capers, olives, and mushrooms and saute for 2 minutes.
- Next, add in the chicken and cooked pasta, season with salt and pepper and toss on low heat until everything is combined.
- Garnish with feta cheese and fresh basil.