Looking to freshen up an old Tomato Bruschetta recipe? Make this amazing Mediterranean Bruschetta with Lemon Goat Cheese Spread and Garlic Crostini that is absolutely loaded with flavor and the perfect finger food for your next party!
Mediterranean Bruschetta with Lemon Goat Cheese Spread
- 1 1/2 loaf of ciabatta bread sliced into small crostini's
- 2 ounces of unsalted butter
- 3 finely minced cloves of garlic
- 3 cups of assorted cherry tomatoes cut into quarters
- 1/2 cup of sliced Nicoise olives
- 1/2 small diced small red onion
- 3 tablespoons of chiffonade fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 ounces of softened goat cheese
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons of chopped fresh oregano
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- In a small bowl combine the butter and garlic and brush one side of the sliced of ciabatta bread. Transfer to a sheet pan lined with parchment paper and bake in the oven on 350° for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Next, in a separate small bowl whisk together the goat cheese, lemon zest, lemon juice, oregano and salt and pepper until combined and set aside.
- In another large bowl mix together tomatoes, olives, onions, basil, vinegar, olive oil and salt and pepper until completely combined.
- To Plate: spread a small amount of the goat cheese spread onto a ciabatta crostini with a tablespoon of the tomato olive mixture on top. Enjoy!