This Maple Bacon Oatmeal is nothing short of glorious encompassing the perfect blend of sweet and salty. The steel cuts are the only way to go when it comes to eating oatmeal, and I promise once you try them you will never go back!
I packed it up in a jar with a lid so I could take it with me and it was perfect.
Maple Bacon Oatmeal
- ½ cup of Bob’s Red Mill Steel Cut Oats
- 1 ½ cups of water
- Kosher salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter
- 4 chopped slices of cooked crisp bacon
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- Bring the water to a boil in a medium size pot and mix in the steel cut oats. Turn the heat to low and occasionally stir for 20 to 25 minutes or until the oats are al dente and the water is absorbed.
- Next, stir in the salt and butter until mixed in.
- Top off with chopped bacon and maple syrup