If there is one thing we love doing at home, it’s making one big, single dish that all of us can dig into. It sort of brings everyone together to enjoy all of the same great flavors, and there’s nothing like hearing those “Mmmmms” after taking a big bite of something I’ve prepared. I also love doing it because they’re quick to prepare, and cleanup is always easy, giving me a lot more time to focus on what’s important – my family.
Because fall is around the corner, and maybe more importantly football season is here, I was inspired to make these Loaded Tater Tots with Chicken, Cheese Sauce, Peppers and Olives because it seemed like an easy, fun dish that everyone would love. My idea of a quality meal is something fun to eat, with the family enjoying one another…and with some sort of football game on in the background!
It all started with the most amazing potato puffs (or, tater tots as I call them) by Alexia. I’m not even kidding. They are loaded with sour cream and chives, and they are absolutely delicious. Now that I have my potato starch, I went right for the Tyson Any’tizers for some protein. These little chicken snacks are loaded with flavor, super easy to heat up in the oven and my daughter is obsessed with them, no joke. Needless to say, both tater tots and chicken any’tizers are a family favorite, as they’re always on hand and always available, since they are conveniently frozen!
This Loaded Tater Tots with Chicken, Cheese Sauce, Peppers and Olives recipe also allows me to sneak a few veggies in there like tomatoes and olives. It’s always important to me, even when having a fun meal like this, to try and get all of those staple food groups in there, to ensure we are eating as well as we can.
If you are looking for a fun, easy recipe during the week or on a football weekend to share with your family, then this is it. You can always stock your freezer with the tater tots and chicken any’tizers and have them ready to go whenever you feel like making this recipe, which is awesome because it’s so simple and convenient (not to mention delicious!).
For your chance to win a $100 dollar gift card, tell me in the comments section what a quality meal means to you, and for more great cooking tips and recipes, visit EasyHomeMeals.com.
- 15 ounce bag of heated Alexia Tater Tots
- ½ bag of heated Tyson Chicken Anytizers, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 ½ tablespoons of flour
- 1 cup of milk
- 8 ounces of shredded American cheese
- 2 tablespoons of sour cream
- ½ cup of sliced black olives
- ½ cup of diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup of sliced jalapeños
- ¼ cup of sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons of chopped crispy cooked bacon, optional
- For the Cheese Sauce: In a medium sized pot on medium heat add in the butter and melt. Next whisk in the flour and combine. Pour in the milk while continuing to whisk and turn the heat to high until it the sauce becomes thick.
- Finish the sauce by whisking in the shredded cheddar cheese. Keep warm.
- To Plate: Place the tater tots in a bowl and pour on the cheese sauce. Next layer on the chopped chicken, drizzle of sour cream, olives, tomatoes, jalapeños, green onions and optional crispy bacon.