this Loaded Fruit Diet Oatmeal Recipe immediately reminded me of diet crazes I used to hear about back in the 80’s and 90’s. Only 1 grapefruit for breakfast, or just 1 kiwi and orange for lunch and that’s it lol. Well I’ve added all those things, in oatmeal!
You could add some almonds to this mix if you wanted as well!
- ½ cup of Steel Cut Oats
- 1 ½ cups of water
- Kosher salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter
- 1 orange cut into supremes
- 1 grapefruit cut into supremes
- 1 peeled kiwi sliced into wedges
- 3 tablespoons of pomegranate seeds
- Bring the water to a boil in a medium size pot and mix in the steel cut oats. Turn the heat to low and occasionally stir for 20 to 25 minutes or until the oats are al dente and the water is absorbed.
- Next, stir in the salt and butter until mixed in.
- Top off with orange supremes, grapefruit supremes, kiwi wedges and pomegranate seeds.