Loaded Fried Chicken Fries Recipe: If you love loaded fries then you’ll love the fried chicken I put all over it along with pickles, onions, tomatoes, green onions and Honey Mustard!
Football season is all about delicious food and spending time with friends and family. I love coming up with new creations and food that I can eat a lot of and all day long. These Loaded Fried Chicken Fries are everything you love in a fried chicken sandwich but all over homemade French fries. Yeah, it’s good and not-too-mention the Sweet Baby Ray’s Honey Mustard just takes it to the next level!
How to Brine Chicken:
I’m not going to lie; My fried chicken recipe is one of the best around and after you make this fried chicken fries recipe you’re likely to agree. Brining chicken is such a great and easy way to make it ridiculously flavorful, and you can even cut down on the ingredient list by using my brined chicken recipe.
The simple trick is I use a combo of pickle juice and buttermilk, that’s it. I mean just think about how delicious pickles are, now your chicken will taste just as seasoned. The cool thing about this fried chicken fries recipe is that you are going to use the pickles anyway as a topping so there is no waste. If there are some leftover pickles a real quick trick is to just fill it back up with water and a touch of white vinegar.
How to Make Homemade French Fries:
I’ve worked with a local burger chain for over a year and they taught me the secret to making the best homemade French fries. After you cut the potatoes into fries you rinse it really well with water to wash off the starch and then you pre-fry them for 2 minutes oat 325°. You take the fries out and let them sit until they are ready to serve and then you fry again.
Doing this process allows for a nice crunchy crust with an amazing tender inside to each of your fries. You want to crank up the heat to 350° when frying the fries to order! SO GOOD!
Fried Chicken Fries Toppings:
Hands down my favorite sauce to eat with fried chicken tenders is Sweet Baby Ray’s Honey Mustard, and I’ve got to tell you they make a dang good one. Yup that same company that makes awesome BBQ sauces make a delicious honey mustard, no joke. I feel like I am a connoisseur of honey mustard because it really is one of my favorite sauces to serve with fries or chicken and this one is at the top of my list. It’s perfectly sweet with honey with a creamy texture and a great mustard flavor taking this fried chicken fries recipe to the next level!
The other toppings I put on there were things that I put on a chicken sandwich like tomatoes, pickles and onions. You could absolutely take this recipe to the next level by adding on whatever you love to make it perfect for you and your guests!
Loaded Fried Chicken Fries Recipe
For the Chicken:
- 2 pounds of chicken tenders
- 2 cups of pickle juice
- 4 cups of butter milk
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 cup of cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- oil for frying
For the Fries:
- 6 potatoes cut into fry shaped fries held in container in cold water
- 1 cup of diced tomatoes
- 1 cup of sliced green onions
- 1 peeled and thinly sliced yellow onion
- 1 cup of medium diced pickles
- 1 bottle of Sweet Baby Ray’s Honey Mustard
- Chicken: Add the chicken tenders to a plastic bag and add in the pickle juice and 1 cup of buttermilk and brine overnight or for 12 hours. Remove the chicken from the bag and rinse. Set aside.
- Next, add the remaining 3 cups of buttermilk to a medium size bowl.
- Add the flour, corn starch, salt, pepper and paprika to another medium size bowl and mix until combined.
- Add a chicken tender to the buttermilk and then to the flour mixture and press down until it is completely coated.
- Once the chicken is done breading you then fry it in batches at 350° in canola oil for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown and cooked throughout. keep warm.
- Fries: Cook the fries in batches at 325° for 2 minutes and then set aside until ready to cook and serve.
- Cook the fries at 350° for 3 minutes or until browned and cooked through out.
- To Serve: Sere the fried chicken tender whole or sliced up and place over the fries along with the tomatoes, onions and pickles, and then drizzle on the honey mustard.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sweet Baby Rays. The opinions and text are all mine.