I usually love to put twists on classic dishes, but there isn’t much I could to this Linguine in White Clam Sauce Recipe. This is an easy to make full flavored dish that that is perfect for a week night dinner or serving your guests at a party. This is such a classic recipe that if you go to an italian restaurant and it’s not on the menu I guarantee the cooks can make it. In addition the old school rule of thumb is, you judge a good italian restaurant by their Linguine in White Clam Sauce Recipe. In any event, no need to go to dinner when you’ve got the recipe right here :-). Be sure to pin the picture below!
- 12 fresh clams
- 3 finely minced cloves of garlic
- ½ small diced shallot
- 2 ounces of unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh oregano
- 1 cup of white wine
- 3 cups of clam juice
- 1 cup of cooked clams (substitute with 8 ounce can of chopped clams)
- 1 pound of linguine pasta
- Kosher salt to taste
- crushed red pepper flakes to taste
- In a large hot saute pan with ½ ounce of butter add in the garlic and shallots to caramelize. Once brown deglaze with white wine and cook until it is almost gone.
- Next, add in the clam stock and reduce the amount of liquid by one half. Season with salt and turn the heat down to a low simmer and add in clams.
- While the clams are cooking add the linguine to a large pot of boiling salted water and cook until al dente, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Once the pasta is done, add it to the pan with clams and clam juice. Finish off the pasta with cooked clams, crushed red pepper flakes, 1½ ounces of butter, fresh herbs and salt and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour the pasta into a bowl and serve with Italian bread.