Make this delicious Summer lemon tart with fresh berries that is sure to be a fan favorite!
Lemon Tart with Fresh Berries
For the Pie Dough:
- 2 1/2 cups of flour
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- pinch of Kosher salt
- 1 cup of cold butter
- 1/4 cup of rendered bacon fat
- 6 to 8 ounces of cold water
For the Filling:
- 1/2 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cups of sugar
- 3 ounces of unsalted butter
- zest of 1 lemon
- fresh berries
- 1/4 cup apricot jam
- In a large bowl add in flour, salt and sugar.
- Slowly cut in the butter using a pastry knife
- Once the butter is pea in size slowly drizzle in the cold water
- When the ingredients are all combined roll out the dough and form it to a tart shell.
- Par bake the tart shell at 375° for 20 to 25 minutes utilizing parchment paper and beans to ensure the dough does not rise.
- Next, in a double boiler whisk together eggs, sugar and lemon juice until think and frothy. Takes about 10 minutes.
- Once the consistency is there run through fine strainer to rid of any lumps.
- Next whisk in butter and zest and let cool until room temperature then pour in to tart shell.
- Let completely cool before decorating with berries.
- In a skillet heat up apricot jam and brush the berries to make them shine.