I don’t know how else to say it, I’VE BEEN DYING TO MAKE THIS RECIPE ALL WINTER LONG!! If you check out my site regularly you’ll notice I love changing up traditional recipes or making stuff that isn’t in the mainstream and this Lemon Polenta Cake with blueberries is no different. While a polenta cake is nothing new, I added a few little twists like homemade whipped cream and a lemon and honey blueberry sauce to cover the polenta cake with. This thing is OMG insanely awesome with flavor. It’s moist, it’s tart, it’s sweet, it’s everything and you will love it guaranteed. The best part about it is that it is really easy to make. Literally a few dairy ingredients, flour, honey and frozen blueberries and you’re good to go! See more great tips, techniques and recipes at EasyHomeMeals.com
Can’t tell me this Lemon Polenta Cake doesn’t look good!
A little over the top action…. So tasty!
Lemon Polenta Cake Recipe with Blueberries
For the Cake:
- 1 cup of unsalted butter + more for coating
- 1 cup of sugar
- 3 eggs
- zest of 2 lemons
- 2 cups of almond flour
- 1 cup of corn meal
- 1 ¾ teaspoons of baking powder
For the Whipped Cream:
- 2 cups of heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup of sugar
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
For the Blueberry Sauce:
- 16 ounces of frozen blueberries
- juice of 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- ¼ cup of honey
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Line a spring form pan with a parchment paper round and butter the bottom and sides of the pan
- In a standing mixer with the paddle attachment whip together the butter and sugar until fluffy and white. Next add in the zest and 1 egg at a time. Make sure to scrape the mixer after every egg is whipped in.
- After the eggs are incorporated fold in the almond flour, cornmeal, and baking powder until incorporated. Pour the batter into the spring form pan and bake in the oven for 40 minutes. Once it is finished cooking, cool completely.
- In a medium sauce-pot with frozen blueberries, lemon juice, sugar and honey and cook on medium-high heat until the blueberries are cooked down and the liquid becomes a thick syrup. Cook completely once finished.
- While in the oven whip the heavy cream, sugar and vanilla until stuff peaks are formed and keep cool in the refrigerator
- To Serve: Put the whipped cream all over the cake and top off with blueberries.