Try this Latin Shrimp Scampi with Vermicelli Noodles that is quick to make and bursting with flavor
Latin Shrimp Scampi with Vermicelli Noodles
Try this Latin Shrimp Scampi with Vermicelli Noodles that is quick to make and bursting with flavor!
- 2 tablespoons of chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon of chopped shallots
- 8 ounces of peeled and deveined shrimp
- 2 tablespoons of fresh cilantro leaves
- ½ teaspoon of crushed red chili flakes
- zest of ½ lime
- zest of ½ lemon
- zest of ½ orange
- 6 ounces of vermicelli noodles
- 2 ounces of tequila
- 6 ounces of vegetable stock
- 1 ounce of unsalted butter
- Kosher salt and cracked pepper to taste
- In a hot skillet caramelize garlic and shallots in olive oil. Once cooked, add in shrimp and cook until almost done.
- Next add in cilantro, chili flakes, and zest and deglaze with tequila. Cook until alcohol has evaporated and add in stock and let simmer.
- In the mean time cook vermicelli in boiling water until done, about 5-7 minutes. Finish the shrimp scampi with butter and adjust the seasonings.
- Pour over vermicelli. Serve hot and enjoy!