If you’ve never been to Chicago you are missing out at one of my favorite foods, Italian Beef! However if you can’t make it up this way I’m going to bring you the best of both worlds. A Chicago dog and an Italian beef all wrapped up in one!
Of course it starts with a delicious Hebrew National® Kosher dog and some slow cooked Kosher Beef in some Italian Seasonings and peppers.
The more toppings you can fit, the merrier!
Of course there won’t be any ketchup on this Chicago classic!
Enormous picture below for pinning.
Kosher Italian Beef topped Chicago Dog
- 4 cups of water
- 10 Hebrew National® Regular Size Kosher Beef Franks
- 1 ½ pounds of cooked deli Kosher Prime Rib Beef thinly sliced.
- two .7-ounce Italian dressing dry seasoning packets
- 2 cups giardiniera
- 1 cup of sport peppers
- 10 quartered pickle spears
- 1 cup of sweet pickle relish
- 2 cups of chopped tomatoes
- Gulden’s® yellow mustard
- celery salt to taste
- poppy seed hot dog buns
- In a slow cooker mix together 4 cups of water, the Italian seasonings packet, 1 cup of giardanara peppers and ½ cup of of sport peppers and cook on high heat for 30 minutes or until hot.
- Once the broth is hot, add in the slices of roast beef and heat until hot.
- Preheat the grill by spraying with PAM® Grill Spray and heat to medium (350° to 400°).
- Heat the Hebrew National® Kosher Beef Franks on the grill until golden brown on all sides, about 7 to 9 minutes.
- To Plate: Place the heated frank in a hot dog bun and top off with a few slices of the cooked Kosher Italian beef, pickle spears, giardiniera, sport peppers, chopped tomatoes, mustard and celery salt.