After seeing all of the other recipes hopefully now you can appreciate the passion and love I have for good and food and for serving my family up a treat. To finish off the meal, what better than to serve up this Kahlua Panna Cotta and Homemade Caramel. All I can say is dang! I think my wife ate like 4 of these things, don’t tell her I told you that :-). It can’t go without being said this is hands down the easiest dessert I have ever made in my life. A couple ingredients, a whisk, a small bowl and that’s it, nothing better than that. I really think too that manipulating the flavor of the Panna Cotta would be really easy. For instance you could use chocolate, another liquor, etc. So, if you are looking for a really easy recipe this Christmas, then check out this Kahlua Panna Cotta and Homemade Caramel.
It’s pretty close up but ya know I had to! I also had these cool small dishes that fit perfect!
- 2⅔ cup of heavy cream
- ⅓ cup of Kahlua
- ½ cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1 tablespoon of unflavored gelatin
- 2 ounces of unsalted butter
- 1 cup of packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup of heavy cream
- Panna Cotta: Bring the cream, Kahlua and sugar to a boil in a medium sized pot.
- In the mean time add the water to a large bowl and sprinkle on the gelatin and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Once the cream mixture is boiling remove it from the heat and slowly whisk it into the water and gelatin mixture until it is completely combined.
- Divide the mixture amongst 8 4 ounces ramekins and cover and chill for at least 4 hours.
- Caramel: In a medium sized pot add in the butter and sugar and cook until the sugar turns dark brown and is combined with the butter. Whisk in the cream and cook until it becomes thick.
- To serve, pour the caramel over the set panna cotta.