What can I say, I was bored and wanted to do something a little different with all this ice cream I’ve got in my freezer. In addition to all of the ice cream, I had lots of nuts laying around as well as some other goodies so I came up with this Ice Cream Truffles Recipe. All are really good and if nothing else just try one of them, no need to make all 5.
Make sure to serve them in something cause dang do they melt fast!
The background is a huge coffee bean bag.. Just thought you should know 🙂
Ice Cream Truffles Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups of Haagan Daaz chocolate ice cream
- 1/2 cup of Haagan Daaz coffee ice cream
- 1/2 cup of Haagan Daaz dark cherry ice cream
- ½ cup of chopped pistachios
- ½ cup of chopped dried sour cherries
- ¼ cup of sweet cocoa powder
- ½ cup of sliced almonds
- ½ cup of mini chocolate chips
- Chocolate: Form the chocolate ice cream into six small balls. Take two of them and roll them in the sour cherries so that they cover the ice cream balls on all sides and place them on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Next, roll two of the chocolate ice cream balls in the almonds and place them on the sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Roll the last two chocolate ice cream balls into the chocolate chips and place them on the sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Coffee: Roll the ice cream into 2 ice cream balls and roll them in the cocoa powder and place them on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Cherry: Roll the ice cream into 2 ice cream balls and roll them in the pistachios and place them on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Place the sheet pan into the freezer and freeze completely before serving.