Dude, not much else to say other than these Homemade Ice Cream Sandwiches are awesome. Instead of the traditional chocolate chip cookies, I used almond flour and mini chocolate chips just to change things up, cause I’m cool like that :-). If anything make the cookies or just buy the ice cream and eat it! Can’t go wrong with either.
What the heck would cookies be with out a huge cold glass of milk?!
I wrapped the cookies in parchment and made them stay put with a little butchers twine so your fingers don’t get all messy.
- 4 cups of almond flour
- ¾ cups of softened unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup of sugar
- ⅓ cup of packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup of canola oil
- pinch of Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ¾ teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 cup of mini chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 4 pints of assorted Haagan Daaz ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a standing mixer, whip the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Next, add in the eggs one at time until mixed and then add the canola oil, salt, vanilla and baking soda until combined. Stop and scrape the bowl before proceeding.
- Add in the almond flour until combined and then using a spatula fold in the chocolate chips and pecans.
- Divide the batter into 16 large dollops and place them on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper and bake them for 15 to 18 minutes or until the edges begin to turn brown.
- Let completely cool.
- Next, turn ½ of the cookies over and place 1 cup of ice cream on each of the cookie and using the other cookies, press down on top to form a sandwich. Freeze the cookies completely before serving.