I’m getting ready to embark on a culinary journey in a few weeks to Columbus, Ohio because rumor has it that the food scene is booming big time! It appears Columbus has some insanely delicious restaurants just by doing a little food scouting via social media and searching. I have a few friends from that area and a few surrounding cities who have always told me how awesome of a city Columbus is and given the recent college town’s football success I’m guessing there is certainly a thriving vibe that is still echoing through.
Because I’ve been consulting with a few friend experts from Columbus I put together a list of 5 food related things I must check out while there! Since my trip is short I want the best bang for the buck!
1. Alt Eats Food Tour – So apparently CBus has an insane ethnic food scene and the fine folks at Columbus Food Adventures are going to help me check’em out. The CBus Food Adventures offers a number of different tours, and if I had some more time I would be sure to check out their Taco Truck Tour (Friday Night)!
2. North Market – I’ve now heard from a few folks that the North Market is one of the coolest places to visit on a Saturday morning with tons of local farmers offering up their very best in produce (Saturday Morning). I also hear that it’s been newly renovated with a ton of new unique food vendors spilling their culinary goods.
3. Harvest Kitchen + Bar – This place was ranked second runner up and often times I find the second and third place best local eateries are some times the best, so my plan is to scope this place out and find out for myself 🙂 (Lunch on Saturday). I also always promise myself to find the best pizza in the city and numerous people have told me that this is the place to hit.
4. Kraft House No 5 -This little place popped up on my radar from a buddy on Twitter and after doing some research my stomach immediately started to growl. I literally am chomping at the bit to check this place out (Dinner Saturday Night)! It was voted by a local Cbus newspaper as the best restaurant of 2014 and 2015, so it’s a must try. After glancing at their menu, I’m dying to try out their kraft beer selection and burgers.
5. Skillet – After a recommendation from a friend this Farm to Table spot is supposed to be seriously happening so I’m seriously going to destroy everything on my plate when I’m there (Breakfast Sunday Morning)! I’m either going to try out the Heritage Pork Sausage Gravy and Biscuits or the freshly made Huevos Rancheros. This place seems to be boasting freshness, and I can’t wait to check’em out.
Stay tuned and follow along on social media during my visit to Cbus.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Life In Cbus via RhythmOne. The opinions and text are all mine.0