I won’t talk too much this week because I want to load this post up with recipes for you. I haven’t been to a house Halloween party since I was in college, but man were they fun! I loved seeing everyone dressed up and witnessing some really creative costumes. I am all for making your own as opposed to going to the local Halloween store to purchase a pre-made outfit. Below you will find some cool recipes for your Halloween party get together. One of the recipes is something My Aunt In-Law made and the other is one of my favorites for any get together. If you have any food related questions connect with me at Facebook or at Twitter.
Dead Finger Cookies
- 1 cup of sugar
- 8 ounces of unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of almond extract
- 2 3/4 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup of slivered almonds
- Raspberry preserves
- Cream together sugar, butter, eggs, and extracts. Add flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix until well combined and place in the refrigerator to chill for 15 minutes.
- next, roll the pieces of dough into finger sized logs. Use a knife to score the “knuckles” in the fingers.
- Place a small amount of raspberry preserves at the end of the finger and then press a sliced almond onto each finger for the nail.
- Bake on a parchment lined baking sheet pan or silpat mat for 20-25 minutes at 325°.
- When cookies have cooled, place some of the raspberry preserves at the opposite end of the finger nail to make it seem as the finger has been cut off. Enjoy!!
Ale and Cheese Dip
- 32 ounces of Velveeta cheese
- 8 ounces of cream cheese
- 10 slices of chopped bacon
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground meat
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of finely minced fresh garlic
- 1/3 cup of small diced shallots
- 2 small diced jalapeños
- 2 cups of small diced fresh tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cups of New Castle beer
- 1 cup of finely sliced scallions
- In a double boiler, melt together cheeses. In a separate skillet cook bacon until done and set aside.
- Using the same skillet add in ground meat and cook until done and also set aside.
- Using a new skillet on high heat, add in olive oil, garlic, shallots, and caramelize. Then add in jalapenos, tomatoes, and cilantro. Sweat vegetables for 7-8 minutes.
- Once cheese is melted, fold in meat and sauteed vegetables. Stir in beer and fold in green onions. Serve with tortilla chips. Enjoy!