Grilled Swordfish with Citrus Salad
Try this amazing recipe for Grilled Swordfish with Citrus Salad!
- two 6 ounce fillet of fresh swordfish
- zest of 1 lemon
- ⅓ cup of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of grainy mustard
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- ½ cup of olive oil + 3 tablespoons
- juice of 1 fresh lemon
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives
- 2 cups of spring mix lettuce
- segments from 1 graepfruit
- segments from 1 orange
- 1 carrot shaved with a peeler
- 1 celery stalk shaved with a peeler
- ½ bulb of fennel shaved with a peeler
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- In a bowl wish together balsamic vinegar, mustard, honey, ½ cup of olive oil, juice of 1 lemon and chives until a vinaigrette has been emulsified. Adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper and set aside.
- In another bowl toss together spring mix, grapefruit segments, orange segments, shaved carrot, shaved celery and shaved fennel and keep cool.
- On a plate mix together lemon zest and 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Once mixed toss the swordfish in the mixture so that it is completely covered in olive oil and lemon zest and then season all sides of the fish with salt and pepper. Next place the fish on a very hot grill and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until cooked through out and golden brown grill marks have been formed. When the fish is cooked return it to a clean plate and let sit for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Next, drizzle a small amount of the vinaigrette into the bowl of lettuce, fruit and vegetables and toss thoroughly. Adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper.
- To Plate: Place the swordfish on a plate and top off with a good amount of tossed mixed greens.