Filet of Sirloin. Blue Cheese. Caramelized Onions. Let that sink in for a minute… Ok now it’s time to put all of those together in an insanely delicious dish! There is literally something magical that happens when you pair up blue cheese and onions, and the only thing better is when you add a grilled Certified Angus Beef® brand filet of sirloin to the mix. Of course you know me and I always have to keep things interesting so instead of just blue cheese and onions, I’m thinking butter and balsamic! I got the idea to make a compound butter on the Certified Angus Beef® website for Steak with Classic Steak Butter but of obviously added my own touches.
I’m amazed by the ease of grilling these filets. I used nothing but salt and pepper (that’s right zero oil), and by the graces of the fantastic marbling through out the steak, I got perfect grill marks. Not only does the marbling aid in coating the steak perfect while grilling but also it provides exceptional flavor where really no sauce is even needed! I always have a killer time every time I am able to get outside and grill, and this delicious dish made it that much sweeter. So the next time your out at the grocery store, be sure to pick up a few Certified Angus Beef® filet of sirloins, some blue cheese, butter and onions, you won’t regret it. Find restaurants or grocery stores that carry Certified Angus Beef® at www.certifiedangusbeef.com/buy/
Learn more from Certified Angus Beef® on Social Media:
The butter in this Grilled Steak with Blue Cheese Butter and Balsamic Onions was good enough to put on anything!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Certified Angus Beef via Burst Media. The opinions and text are all mine.
- Two 8 ounce Certified Angus Beef® filet of sirloins
- 4 ounces of softened unsalted butter + 1 teaspoon
- 2 ounce of crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoon of chopped fresh parsley
- 1 sweet onion cut into thick rings
- ½ teaspoon of sugar
- ⅓ cup of balsamic vinegar
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- In a large sauté pan on medium high heat with 1 teaspoon of unsalted butter add in the onions and caramelize (about 20 minutes).
- After 10 minutes of cooking the onions add in the sugar to help brown.
- Once the onions are golden brown and soft, deglaze with the balsamic vinegar and turn the heat down to low and keep warm.
- In a large bowl add in 4 ounces of softened unsalted butter, blue cheese, parsley, and, salt and pepper and whisk until completely combined. Keep cool before serving.
- Season the Certified Angus Beef® brand filet mignons on all sides with salt and pepper and place on a hot grill (450 to 500°) for 4 to 6 minutes on each side to achieve a medium-rare internal temperature or until the desired internal temperature is achieved.
- Once the steaks are done cooking, remove from the heat and let rest on a cutting board or a plate for 2 to 3 minutes before serving.
- To Plate: Place down the caramelized balsamic onions with the grilled filet on top and place a dollop of the blue cheese butter all over the filet mignon.