Grilled Sirloin Steak Salad Recipe with Watermelon
Be sure to try this amazing Grilled Sirloin Steak Salad Recipe with Watermelon with a homemade balsamic vinaigrette!
For the Pickled Onions:
- ½ cup of water
- ½ cup of red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 thinly sliced red onion
For the Balsamic Vinaigrette:
- (can substitute for favorite balsamic vinaigrette)
- 1 small diced shallot
- ⅓ cup of balsamic vinegar
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon of grainy mustard
- 2 tablespoons of chiffonade fresh basil
- ½ cup of olive oil
- sugar to taste
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
For the Salad:
- 4 cups of packed Spring Mix lettuce (or desired lettuce blends)
- ½ cup of cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 cup of cucumbers cut into half moons
- 1 cup of medium sized diced watermelon
- 2 radishes thinly sliced
- 1 cup of sliced green onions
- three 5 ounce top sirloin steaks
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- ½ cup of Feta cheese
- Onions: In a bowl combine together water, vinegar, sugar and salt. Next, submerge the sliced onions in the mixture and place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Vinaigrette: Combine shallots, vinegar, lime juice, mustard and basil in a large bowl and slowly whisk in olive oil until completely combined. Finish with sugar, salt and pepper and set aside.
- Steak: Season the top sirloin steaks on all sides with salt and pepper and cook on a hot grill (450° to 550°) for 3 to 4 minutes on each side to reach a medium-rare internal temperature. Once cooked, remove from the heat and set aside. Slice thin.
- Salad: In a large bowl combine lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, watermelon, Feta cheese, radishes and green onions. Once combined place a few tablespoons of the balsamic vinagrette into the salad mixture and mix thoroughly along with salt and pepper to taste. Once tossed place the salad in a large bowl along with a few pickled onions and some more feta cheese crumbles. Lastly place the sliced steak on top.