Grilled Salmon with Rice and Beans, and Corn Salsa
Better known as three sister salmon or grilled salmon with roasted squash, rice and beans with avocado corn salsa.
Rice, Beans and Veggies:
- 3 cups of cooked short grain white rice
- 1 squash cut into quarters and sliced thin
- 1 zucchini cut into quarters and sliced thin
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 2 finely minced cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- one 15 ounce can of pinto beans strained and rinsed
- one 15 ounce can of black beans strained and rinsed
- 2 ears of corn in the husk, grilled and cut off the cob
- 1/2 small diced large sweet onion
- 1/2 cup of chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 avocados peeled, seeded and small diced
- juice of 2 limes
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- one pound of salmon, skin on
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon of dry oregano
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon of onion powder
- 1 tablespoon of granulated garlic
Serves 3 to 4
- Spanish Seasonings: Mix all ingredients thoroughly and set aside
- Rice, Beans and Veggies: In a large saute pan on high heat with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, caramelize the garlic. Once brown add in the squash, zucchini, cherry tomatoes and saute for 2 to 3 minutes. Next, stir in the rice, beans, and 1 tablespoon of the Spanish Seasonings (or to taste) and keep warm on low heat.
- Salsa: In a bowl mix together, cooked corn, sweet onion, avocado, cilantro, limes and adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper and keep cool.
- Salmon: Drizzle the olive oil all over the salmon and season it on all sides with salt and pepper. Place the salmon skin side up on a very hot grill and cook for 5 to 6 minutes on each side. Before you flip the salmon for the first time thesalmon skin should peel right off using tongs.
- To Plate: Serve the cooked salmon along side the rice, beans and vegetables with the avocado salsa all over the salmon.