I know some people think it’s weird when you pair up fruit and meat, but man does it work so well with pork. If you’ve ever had pork with cherries (if not try my recipe for Pork Tenderloin Recipe with Cherry Mustard Sauce) or with apples (try this Pork Chops with Bacon, Apple Butter & Sweet Potatoes) then you’ve been missing out. This Grilled Pork Chops Recipe with Plum Compote except the plum compote may be even better on vanilla ice cream! It’s really that good.
I finished it with some fresh thyme leaves…
the orange just makes the compote awesome!
- 3 double thick cut pork chops
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of corriander
- 4 plums pitted and cut in half
- 4 nectarines pitted and cut into wedges
- zest of 1 orange
- juice of 1 orange
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 bottle of red zinfadel
- 1½ tablespoons of olive oil
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- In a large bowl mix together the plums, nectarines, orange zest, orange juice, brown sugar and cinnamon until combined and pour it into a large saute pan on high heat along with 1 bottle of Red Zinfadel. Cook on high heat until it becomes thick like syrup. Keep warm.
- Next rub the pork with 1½ tablespoons of olive oil, cumin, coriander and season with salt and pepper. Cook the pork on a hot grill (450° and 550°) for 15 to 18 minutes or until cooked through and brown grill marks have been formed.
- To Plate: Pour the plums, nectarines and sauce over the pork.