Grilled Flank Steak Carne Asada with Roasted Peppers
Try this Grilled Flank Steak Carne Asada with Roasted Peppers recipe that is paired up with a delicious glass of Franciscan Cabernet Sauvignon.
For the Carne Asadas:
- 1 thinly sliced yellow bell pepper seeds removed
- 1 thinly sliced red bell pepper seeds removed
- ½ thinly sliced sweet onion
- 1 thinly sliced jalapeño seeds removed
- 25-30 picked fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 thinly sliced green onions
- corn tortillas cut with a circle cutter to make 2 rounds
- flour tortillas cut with a circle cutter to make 3 rounds
- 1 pound flank steak
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of Spanish seasonings
- juice of 1 lemon
- juice of 2 limes
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Lime wedges for garnish
- 6 ounces of shredded white cheddar
For the Spanish Seasonings:
- 2 tablespoons of Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon of dry oregano
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon of onion powder
- 1 tablespoon of granulated garlic
In a large sauté pan on high heat with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, caramelize the peppers and sweet onion. Once brown, adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper and finish with lime juice. Set aside and keep warm.
Next, rub 2 tablespoons of Spanish seasoning all over the flank steak and place on a very hot grill and cook until a medium rare internal temperature is achieved (roughly 3 to 4 minutes on each side). Once cooked, remove from the heat and set on a plate to rest. Finish with the juice of 1 lemon and slice very thin on a bias and against the grain.
To Plate: Place a small corn or flour tortilla down, next add down 1 to 2 sliced of flank steak topped off with a small amount of roasted peppers and sweet onion. Finish with a small amount of shredded white cheddar, sliced green onions and a few cilantro leaves. Serve with a glass of Franciscan cabernet sauvignon.