Grilled Flank Steak Carne Asada with Roasted Peppers
Try this Grilled Flank Steak Carne Asada with Roasted Peppers recipe that is paired up with a delicious glass of Franciscan Cabernet Sauvignon.
For the Carne Asadas:
- 1 thinly sliced yellow bell pepper, seeds removed
- 1 thinly sliced red bell pepper, seeds removed
- ½ thinly sliced sweet onion
- 1 thinly sliced jalapeño, seeds removed
- 25-30 picked fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 thinly sliced green onions
- corn tortillas, cut with a circle cutter to make 2 rounds
- flour tortillas, cut with a circle cutter to make 3 rounds
- 1 pound flank steak
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of Spanish seasonings
- juice of 1 lemon
- juice of 2 limes
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Lime wedges for garnish
- 6 ounces of shredded white cheddar
For the Spanish Seasonings:
- 2 tablespoons of Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon of dry oregano
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon of onion powder
- 1 tablespoon of granulated garlic
- In a large sauté pan on high heat with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, caramelize the peppers and sweet onion. Once brown, adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper and finish with lime juice. Set aside and keep warm.
- Next, rub 2 tablespoons of Spanish seasoning all over the flank steak and place on a very hot grill and cook until a medium rare internal temperature is achieved (roughly 3 to 4 minutes on each side). Once cooked, remove from the heat and set on a plate to rest. Finish with the juice of 1 lemon and slice very thin on a bias and against the grain.
- To Plate: Place a small corn or flour tortilla down, next add down 1 to 2 sliced of flank steak topped off with a small amount of roasted peppers and sweet onion. Finish with a small amount of shredded white cheddar, sliced green onions and a few cilantro leaves. Serve with a glass of Franciscan cabernet sauvignon.