If you are looking for an easy to cook and clean-up, full flavored dish that your whole family can eat than look no further than this Grilled Corvina Vera Cruz. It is loaded with peppers, tomatoes, olives, citrus goodness and of course the great flavor of grilled corvina. This is such a cool all in one meal that you can serve to the family or try wowing your guests with it, because it’s different, it’s flavorful and it takes no time to make or clean-up. So, if you are stumped tonight on what to cook then check out this grilled corvina vera cruz!
Grilled Corvina Vera Cruz
- 1 cup of sliced cherry tomatoes
- 2 small vine ripe tomatoes cut into thin wedges
- 1 cup of sliced green onions
- 2 small jalapeños thinly sliced
- 1 side of fresh Corvina 2 to 3 pounds
- 1/4 cup of capers
- 1/2 cup of sliced green olives
- juice of 2 lemons
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoons of Sandy Creek Garlic and Herb Blend Or your favorite Mediterranean style seasonings
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- cooked Jasmine rice
- two 3 foot sheets of aluminum foil
- Overlap the two pieces of tin foil and first lay down the side od Corvina right in the center of the foil. Next generously spread all over the fish: cherry tomatoes, vine ripe tomatoes, green onions, jalapeños, capers, olives, lemon juice, salt, pepper, herb blend and olive oil and fold up the tin foil to enclose the fish. It should look like a long skinny tent. Next Place the foil tent, or pouch, on to a very hot grill (450° to 550°) and cook for 20 to 25 minutes or until the fish is cooked through. Once cooked remove from the heat and serve along side some cooked Jasmine rice.