I’ve been trying to keep things a bit easier lately with meal prep and cook times. I suppose I’ll have to wait to go all out for my next get together, but for feeding the family, I’e been scaling things back a bit. Of course don’t get that confused with boxed foods and pre cooked foods, No no no. I’ve simply been taking a practical approach and no to worry because there is plenty of flavor in this Grilled Chicken Recipe with Vegetables and Quinoa bowl. I made a really simple balsamic vinaigrette marinade for the veggies and an herb, lemon and garlic marinade for the chicken. In the end it cooked in almost no time and was really delicious! I am thinking this is a winner!
Always have to get those beautiful grill marks on the chicken!
Buttered quinoa with fresh basil… So dang good!
A little bit closer in!
- 3 pounds of assorted chicken parts (breasts, thighs, legs)
- ½ cup of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of dry oregano
- 5 finely minced cloves of garlic
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1 lemon
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 2 thickly sliced zucchini
- 2 thickly sliced squash
- 1 thickly sliced sweet onion
- 1 peeled and thickly sliced egg plant
- 1 pint of assorted cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups of balsamic vinaigrette
- 4 cups of cooked quinoa
- 1 ounce of unsalted butter
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper
- ¼ cup of chiffonade fresh basil
- fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Place the chicken parts in plastic slider bags and add in the olive oil, oregano, garlic, lemon juice and lemon zest, toss around and marinate overnight or for at least 1 hour.
- Next, place the vegetables in a plastic slider bag and add in the balsamic vinaigrette, toss around, and marinate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Once everything is done marinating, season the chicken with salt and pepper and place the chicken on the grill first (450° to 550°) and cook on all sides until golden brown and cooked through out.
- About half way though the chicken cooking seaon the vegetables with salt and pepper and grill until brown and until the vegetables are al dente.
- When the quinoa is finished cooking finish it with butter, salt and pepper.
- Serve the quinoa alongside the roasted vegetables and chicken in a bowl. Top off with basil and Parmesan cheese.