Garlic and Basil Grilled Hamburgers with Bleu Cheese
This Garlic and Basil Grilled Hamburgers with Bleu Cheese recipe is loaded with flavor and perfect for the Summer time!
- 3 pounds 90/10 ground meat
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons finely minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons chiffonade fresh basil
- 1 thinly sliced vine ripe tomato
- 2 leaves of Boston Bibb lettuce
- 1 thick slice yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon crumbled blue cheese
- ½ chopped cantaloupe
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon poppyseeds
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- In a hot skillet add in butter and cook garlic until you can smell it and the mixture along with the fresh basil into a large bowl with the ground meat. Mix thoroughly
- Form the hamburger mixture into 8 ounce patties and season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place the patties along with the slice of onion on the grill on high heat and cook until onion is caramelized and the desired temperature of the hamburger is achieved.
- Once the burger is done place on the kaiser roll with, lettuce, tomato, grilled onion and blue cheese.