Garlic and Basil Grilled Hamburgers with Bleu Cheese
This Garlic and Basil Grilled Hamburgers with Bleu Cheese recipe is loaded with flavor and perfect for the Summer time!
- 3 pounds 90/10 ground meat
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons finely minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons chiffonade fresh basil
- 1 thinly sliced vine ripe tomato
- 2 leaves of Boston Bibb lettuce
- 1 thick slice yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 chopped cantaloupe
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon poppyseeds
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
In a hot skillet add in butter and cook garlic until you can smell it and the mixture along with the fresh basil into a large bowl with the ground meat. Mix thoroughly
Form the hamburger mixture into 8 ounce patties and season both sides with salt and pepper.
Place the patties along with the slice of onion on the grill on high heat and cook until onion is caramelized and the desired temperature of the hamburger is achieved.
Once the burger is done place on the kaiser roll with, lettuce, tomato, grilled onion and blue cheese.