Man I can’t lie, I MISS FOOD DESPERATELY. Through my 21 Days of Healthy Eating I’ve had food craving temptations that that the saints would have given in to. Every time I pass a cookie or cake I literally can feel my self shaking. However sticking true to my guns and seeing this thing out, I’ve done a pretty good job of resisting. It’s not like the food that I’ve been making has been awful, in fact it’s been pretty dang good. This Fried Brown Rice Recipe with Chicken and Vegetables was right on the money in the flavor department, and you would have never known that this thing was half way food for you. Packed with vegetables and protein, it was a winner if you ask me. Now I have to figure out what to do with all of the left over ingredients. May be a salad of some sort…. I don’t know, but check back and see what I do tomorrow with all of the left over goodness.
Added a little more protein to this Fried Brown Rice Recipe with Chicken and Vegetables by topping off with a fried egg!
and a little more spice with Sriracha!
Don’t forget to pin!
Fried Brown Rice Recipe with Chicken and Vegetables
- 6 cups of cooked brown rice
- 1 1/2 cups of sliced bell peppers
- 1 1/2 cups of thinly sliced snow peas
- 1 1/2 cups of sliced shitake mushrooms
- 1 cup of sliced green onions
- 1 1/2 thinly sliced chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup of soy sauce
- 4 grated cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of mirin cooking rice wine
- 1/2 teaspoon of fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon of canola oil
- cilantro for garnish
- Sriracha for garnish
- Kosher salt and cracked pepper to taste
- Season the sliced chicken breasts on all sided with salt and pepper. In a very large wok on high heat with 1 tablespoon of sesame oil add in the chicken and cook until brown and cooked through.
- Remove the chicken, add in the remaining sesame oil along with the peppers, snow peas, mushrooms and green onions and stir fry on high heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Next, add in the brown rice and continue to stir for 3 to 4 minutes on high heat.
- In a bowl whisk together soy, garlic, ginger, water, sugar, mirin and fish sauce. Once it is combined add it to the wok and cook for 2 to 3 more minutes and keep warm.
- In a small non stick skillet on medium-high heat, add in the oil and fry your egg to the desired amount of doneness.
- To Plate: add the stir fried rice, vegetables and chicken to a bowl. Top off with fried egg and garnish with Sriracha and cilantro.