Fresh Mushroom and Seafood Risotto
Be sure to make this simple Fresh Mushroom and Seafood Risotto recipe that everyone will love!
- 2 ounces sliced shitake mushrooms
- 2 ounces sliced oyster mushrooms
- 2 ounces sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon finely minced garlic
- ½ small diced sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 to 1½ cups arborio rice
- ½ to ¾ cup madeira wine
- 32 ounces chicken stock
- 1 ounce of unsalted butter
- one 3 ounce lobster tail cut into small chunks
- four to six 25-30 peeled and deveined shrimp
- 6 fresh mussels
- 4 fresh clams
- 1 cup of chardonnay wine
- 2 tablespoons of finely minced fresh tarragon
- ½ cup of heavy whipping cream
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- ½ cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- In a large saute pan on medium-high heat, with olive oil quickly caramelize the onions and garlic. Once browned add inmushrooms and further caramelize.
- Once the mushrooms are golden brown add in the arborio rice and toast for 3 to 4 minutes, then deglaze with the madeira wine and cook until the rice absorbs the wine.
- To make the risotto add in one 4 ounce ladle of chicken stock one at a time until the rice has absorbed all the of the liquid while constantly stirring.
- While the rice is cooking place 2 saute pans on high heat each one with ½ ounce of butter. Once the butter is melted add the mussels and clams to one pan and the shrimp and lobster to the other pan.
- Saute for 3 to 4 minutes and then deglaze with the chardonnay wine. The steam from the wine should open up the mussels and clams. NOTE: if the clams or mussels do not open simply add more wine until they do.
- Once all the clams and mussels are open and the lobster and shrimp are just done add all seafood to the risotto pan.
- Finish the risotto with the tarragon, parmesan cheese, cream and adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper.
- Serve the risotto with shaved parmesan cheese.