Fresh Mushroom and Seafood Risotto
Be sure to make this simple Fresh Mushroom and Seafood Risotto recipe that everyone will love!
- 2 ounces sliced shitake mushrooms
- 2 ounces sliced oyster mushrooms
- 2 ounces sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon finely minced garlic
- 1/2 small diced sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup madeira wine
- 32 ounces chicken stock
- 1 ounce of unsalted butter
- one 3 ounce lobster tail cut into small chunks
- four to six 25-30 peeled and deveined shrimp
- 6 fresh mussels
- 4 fresh clams
- 1 cup of chardonnay wine
- 2 tablespoons of finely minced fresh tarragon
- 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
In a large saute pan on medium-high heat, with olive oil quickly caramelize the onions and garlic. Once browned add inmushrooms and further caramelize.
Once the mushrooms are golden brown add in the arborio rice and toast for 3 to 4 minutes, then deglaze with the madeira wine and cook until the rice absorbs the wine.
To make the risotto add in one 4 ounce ladle of chicken stock one at a time until the rice has absorbed all the of the liquid while constantly stirring.
While the rice is cooking place 2 saute pans on high heat each one with 1/2 ounce of butter. Once the butter is melted add the mussels and clams to one pan and the shrimp and lobster to the other pan.
Saute for 3 to 4 minutes and then deglaze with the chardonnay wine. The steam from the wine should open up the mussels and clams. NOTE: if the clams or mussels do not open simply add more wine until they do.
Once all the clams and mussels are open and the lobster and shrimp are just done add all seafood to the risotto pan.
Finish the risotto with the tarragon, parmesan cheese, cream and adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper.
Serve the risotto with shaved parmesan cheese.