This Football Meatloaf with Sweet Tomato Glaze is absolutely amazing. It’s easy to make, loaded with flavor, and will look awesome at your next football party!
It’s a very simple meatloaf recipe that is formed into the shape of a football and then glazed with the delicious tomato glaze and topped off with long strings of Colby Jack cheese to act as the football laces.
From there just simply bake it! It’s actually easy to transport after that but in case you are too nervous, feel free to serve it right on the sheet pan.
Lastly, top off with some sliced green onions and some more shredded Colby Jack cheese.
- 2 pounds of ground beef
- 1 small diced sweet onion
- 1 seeded and small diced green bell pepper
- 1 seeded and small diced red bell pepper
- ½ loaf of French bread soaked in water and drained out by being squeezed
- 3 eggs
- Worcestershire to taste
- Tabasco to taste
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 10 long strings of Colby Jack cheese
- 1 cup of Hunt’s® Diced Tomatoes, drained
- ¼ cup of light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- In a large bowl combine the beef, onions, peppers, French bread, 3 eggs, Worcestershire, Tabasco, salt and pepper until completely mixed together.
- Form the meatloaves onto a cookie sheet tray lined with parchment paper into 2 one pound loaves shaped like a ½ football.
- In a blender puree together the Hunt’s® Diced Tomatoes, brown sugar, cider vinegar and soy sauce and glaze each meatloaf completely covering it with the sauce.
- Using the cheese strings line them on the meatloaf like football strings and bake in the oven for 45 minutes or until the meat is completely cooked.