There are a ton of variations for cheeseballs, but this Football Cheese Ball is loaded with flavor!
Simply combine together some softened cream cheese, 1 can of strained RO*TEL, sliced green onions, drained black beans and some shredded Colby Jack Cheese!
Next form it into the shape of a football. For more spicy flavor I coated the outside in some diced Chorizo salami, which is amazing by the way!
Lastly use some string cheese to make the laces and serve it up with some crackers!
Football Cheese Ball
- 10 ounces can of Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies drained
- 1 ½ pounds of softened cream cheese
- 15 ounce can of drained and rinsed black beans
- ½ cup of sliced green onions
- 4 ounces of shredded Colby Jack Cheese
- 4 ounces of roughly chopped chorizo salami
- 1 mozzarella cheese stick sliced into 4 slices
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Crackers for serving
In a large bowl completely mix together the Ro*Tel, cream cheese, black beans, green onions, cheese, salt and pepper and place on a cutting board and form into the shape of a football.
Next, evenly sprinkle on the chopped chorizo salami to cover the cheese.
Place the mozzarella slices on top of the chorizo to replicate football laces.
Cool for 1 hour before serving with crackers.
Created on behalf of ConAgra Foods