Flank Steak Salad with Bleu and Balsamic Vinaigrette
Try this refreshing Summer Flank Steak Salad with Bleu and Balsamic Vinaigrette recipe!
For the Salad:
- 2 thinly sliced stalks of celery
- 3 thinly sliced large radishes
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 thinly sliced large cucumber, seeds removed
- 1 package of Spring Mix lettuce
- 10 ounce flank steak
- 1 to 2 ounces of crumbled bleu cheese
For the Vinaigrette:
- 1 finely minced large shallot
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of grainy mustard
- ½ cup of balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of chiffonade fresh basil
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Vinaigrette: In a large bowl whisk together, shallots, sugar, mustard and vinegar. Once combined drizzle in oil while whisking until completely emulsified. Finish with basil, salt and pepper and set aside.
- Steak: Season all sides with salt and pepper and place on a hot grill (450° to 550°) and cook on each side for 3 minutes to achieve a medium-rare internal temperature. Once cooked remove from the head and thinly slice against the grain.
- Salad: Place all vegetables in a bowl with a ¼ cup of vinaigrette and mic until all the vegetables and greens are coated.
- To Plate: Lay the tossed greens and vegetables down on a plate. Next, place the sliced beef on top of the salad with crumbled bleu cheese all over. Enjoy!