When it comes to comfort Italian food I’m not sure there is any thing more traditional and easy than a pasta bake. Of course, you know me and how I like to change up things so I decided to use Farfalle noodles and make a thick pasta sauce with fresh Italian Sausage and then topped off with some Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese! If you are looking for a quick great tasting meal, then make this Farfalle Pasta Bake with Italian Sausage!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound Italian sausage links, cooked, browned and sliced into 1 inch rounds
- 2 cans (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
- 1 pound farfalle pasta, cooked
- 1 container (15 oz.) ricotta cheese
- 3 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Add the cooked sausage rounds, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and Italian herbs. Heat through. Spoon . of the tomato mixture into a lightly oiled 9x13 baking dish. Spread. of the pasta evenly over the tomato mixture. Spread the ricotta evenly over the pasta. Sprinkle 1 cups of the Mozzarella cheese over the ricotta. Spread the rest of the pasta over all. Spoon the rest of the tomato mixture over the pasta. Sprinkle the remaining Mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese over all. Bake for 30 minutes, let sit for 10 minutes before serving. Serve and enjoy.