Once I discovered how to make frittatas I never went back to omelettes or scrambled eggs and this Easy Vegetable Frittata Recipe is exactly what you should be making! Frittatas are so versatile because you can literally put whatever you want in it and it’s always delicious. In addition to it being versatile, it’s incredibly easy to make. Think of making an omelette and then not quite having to finish it and just putting it in the oven to fluff up and cook. The hardest part about making an omelette is towards the end when you have to start folding over the eggs praying every second that they don’t break, that’s what makes this Easy Vegetable Frittata Recipe so awesome.
I made this Easy Vegetable Frittata Recipe first with a little sausage. I cooked it until it was brown and then I added in some tomatoes, mushrooms, asparagus and bell peppers and sautéed for a few minutes until lightly browned. From there I added in the batter which consists of eggs and milk and began to cook them as I would an omelette, moving the eggs from the outside towards the center of the pan. After just a minute or so of doing this, transfer the pan to the oven on 375° and finish them, about 6 to 8 minutes. They will be incredibly fluffy and light. Now, you can either put the cheese on before the oven or at the end when they come out, makes no difference. The cool part about this Easy Vegetable Frittata Recipe is that you can put whatever you want in it, just find out what’s on sale and what’s on season and you’ve got yourself an Easy Vegetable Frittata Recipe. If you are a huge fan of eating eggs in the morning then you have to see this Chili Huevos Rancheros with Bacon and Salsa Fresca.
- 3 ounces of pork sausage
- 4 asparagus stalks, cooked and roughly chopped
- ¼ green bell pepper, roughly chopped
- ½ small sweet onion, roughly chopped
- 10 - 12 cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 2 baby portobello mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ⅓ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup of Boursin herb cheese
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- In a medium non-stick skillet on high heat, add the sausage and cook until golden brown and cooked through and then set aside.
- Next add the asparagus, pepper, onion, tomatoes and mushrooms to that pan and saute for 2 to 3 minutes, then add the sausage back to the pan with the vegetables.
- Whisk together the eggs and milk, season with salt and pepper and add the mixture to the saute pan with the vegetables and sausage.
- Using a spatula start from the outside and push the eggs to the center of the skillet constantly and around the entire pan until the mixture starts to become solid.
- While slightly runny add both cheeses on top of the frittata and place in the oven on 375° for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and serve with diced chives.