Similar to my Mediterranean Pasta Recipe with Fresh Tomatoes when it comes time to get food on the table I want easy, delicious and tons of flavor. When I was making this recipe I had in mind that some of our dear friends were coming over to join us so I know I wanted to give’em something good. Not too mention it was hot out and I wanted something easy, not too heavy, and that was really tasty. I made a few other things in addition to this Easy Slow Cooked Chicken Tacos Recipe like a simple pico de gallo, guacamole and elotes which were all awesome. So instead of putting the chicken into a slow cooker, I popped’em in the oven for a bit and slow roasted’em for a more authentic flavor. Well with out further a do, let’s get to the recipe!
The great thing about tacos is getting creative and putting whatever you want in them. Would have been good with rice and beans, or perhaps even sour cream.
Oh and of course serve them with limes no matter what!
I usually keep guacamole chunky, but I decided to mush it up a bit this time!
Easy Slow Cooked Chicken Tacos Recipe
- 4 seasoned and cooked chicken breasts
- two 28 ounce cans of whole plum tomatoes and juice
- 1/2 diced yellow onion
- 3 mashed cloves of garlic
- 1 can of mild sliced jalapeños
- 1 tablespoon of ground cumin
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- corn tortillas
- fresh cut limes
- In a dutch oven add in all the ingredients except for the limes and cook on 325° for 4 to 6 hours or until the chicken pulls apart with ease.
- Once cooked, pull the chicken apart using 2 forks.
- Serve the shredded chicken on the corn tortillas with guacamole and pico de gallo.
- Alternatively serve them with rice, beans, cotija cheese and sour cream.