Learn How to Make this Easy Grilled Salmon Recipe with Corn Succotash and you will not believe how easy it is. Seriously, this dish is CRAZY good, but then again how could it not be? You’ve got Grilled Salmon, corn, onions, bacon, peppers and onions. To top it off there is a great Spanish style rub for the salmon that is just so dang tasty. The grilled bacon is so awesome, it literally gets smokier and more delicious if you can even imagine that. This recipe would also be awesome with steak or pork, in fact I think I may just do that up soon! I tried to change a few things up by adding some tasty latin spices to the salmon like cumin, Spanish oregano, red chili flakes, and a few other tidbits to just make this thing awesome! Just as soon as corn is in peak season, definitely do not wait to make this grilled salmon steaks with corn succotash recipe!
Easy Grilled Salmon Recipe with Corn Succotash
For the Salmon:
- 2 six ounce fillets of fresh salmon
- 2 tablespoons of dry oregano
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 4 tablespoons Kosher salt
For the Succotash:
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 poblano pepper seeded and cut in half
- 3 thick slices of sweet onion
- 3 ears of corn
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 6 strips of chopped cacon
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- squeeze of 1 lime
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Add in all dry ingredients herbs and spices into a pan and mix thoroughly.
- Season the Salmon well with dry herb and spices blend.
- Be sure to shuck the corn, seed the peppers and slice the onions before placing them on the grill on high heat.
- It will take about 15-18 minutes total to roast these vegetables properly on all sides. Halfway through the cooking process add the salmon to the grill.
- Be sure to cook on all sides and it should be done at the same time the vegetables are done.
- Next, render the bacon in a hot skillet and while it is cooking prepare the vegetables accordingly, by chopping and slicing the corn of the cob.
- Once the bacon is cooked add in all vegetables and saute for 3-5 minutes on high heat.
- Finish the succotash with cilantro, lime juice and Salt and Pepper.
- Plate this dish up serving the salmon atop of the succotash and serve hot!