If you’re looking for the perfect side dish to any backyard barbecue or summer meal, then be sure to try this Creamed Corn Stuffed Tomatoes Recipe with crispy bacon!
Creamed Corn Stuffed Tomatoes Recipe
- 12 vine ripe tomatoes end removed and seeds carved out
- 6 ears of grilled corn
- 2 grilled poblano peppers seeds removed
- 1 grilled serrano pepper seeds removed
- 6 strips of grilled bacon
- 1 red onion cut into thick slices and grilled
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 finely minced cloves of garlic
- 2 cups of heavy whipping cream
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- sliced green onions for garnish
Once you have removed the tops of the tomatoes and carved out the insides, salt the inside tomato cavity and turn over to drain any excess liquid. Place in the refrigerator to keep cool.
After all of the vegetables have been grill, trim the corn and small dice the peppers, onions and bacon.
In a large hot saute pan with olive oil, caramelize the garlic. Once brown add in the chopped vegetables accept for the bacon and saute for 4 to 5 minutes. Next, add in the cream and cook until it becomes very thick (think alfredo sauce). Finish with salt and pepper and crispy bacon. Remove from the heat and completely cool.
Once cool, stuff the tomatoes with the creamed corn mixture until the corn is to the very top of the tomato cavity. Once all of the tomatoes are stuffed, transfer to a cassoulet dish and roast in the oven on 450° for 20 to 25 minutes or until the tomatoes are brown on top.
Serve as individual portions.