OMG do I love pancakes!! Seriously, even when they’re bad they’re good and these Corn Meal Pancakes with Honey will literally slap your tongue silly. It is literally like an oral orgasm when you eat these they are that good! The combination of flavors just compliment each other so well that really there isn’t much else to do, unless of course you want to add a side of crispy bacon, which is a good idea no matter what you are cooking. The whipped lemon mascarpone acts as your butter as it will melt right onto your hot corn meal pan cakes and the honey is that beautiful sweetness at the end in place of syrup. All I can say is MAKE THESE Corn Meal Pancakes with Honey NOW!!!
Corn Meal Pancakes with Honey
- 2 cups of cornmeal
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking soda
- 3 tablespoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of Kosher salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups of milk
- 1 1/2 cups of buttermilk
- 1/4 cup of melted unsalted Plugra butter + 1 ounce for cooking
- 1 cup of softened mascarpone
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- In a large bowl mix together cornmeal, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl whisk the eggs and then whisk in the vanilla, milk, butter milk and melted butter. Combine the buttermilk mixture to the flour mixture and whisk until completely combined.
- In a separate bowl fold together the mascarpone cheese, lemon zest and lemon juice until combined and chill
- On a griddle or in a large saute pan on medium heat with butter pour a small amount of pancake batter onto the griddle with a ladle and cook until brown on both sides and cooked through out.
- Serve the pan cakes with a small amount of lemon mascarpone and drizzle on honey.