If you love coffee flavored anything then this Coffee with Cream and Sugar Oatmeal is for you!
If you wanted to take it a step further you could always cook the oats in a bit of coffee as welll!
Coffee with Cream and Sugar Oatmeal
Author: Chef Billy Parisi
Recipe type: Breakfast
Change up your breakfast with this tasty Coffee with Cream and Sugar Oatmeal
- ½ cup of Steel Cut Oats
- 1 ½ cups of water
- Kosher salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter
- ½ teaspoon of fine espresso grounds
- 4 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons of sugar in the raw
- Bring the water to a boil in a medium size pot and mix in the steel cut oats. Turn the heat to low and occasionally stir for 20 to 25 minutes or until the oats are al dente and the water is absorbed.
- Next, stir in the salt and butter until mixed in.
- Mix in the coffee once it’s done and top off with cream and sugar.