DUDE this may be my favorite mussels recipe ever! Also take that with a grain of salt because everything I make is my favorite. Seriously though these are delicious and with the goat cheese butter, it is literally out of this world flippin amazing! This Coconut Curry and Lime Mussels Recipe take the simple old mussel recipes out there and puts them to shame. Don’t get me wrong there are some good ones out there, but the balance of in this Coconut Curry and Lime Mussels Recipe is just spot on. Ok I digress, time to go humble myself somewhere! Lastly, MAKE THIS SOON!!
Pin it below!
Coconut Curry and Lime Mussels Recipe
For the Mussels:
- 1 small diced shallot
- 2 finely minced cloves of garlic
- 1 small diced and seeded jalapeño
- zest of 1 lime
- juice of 1 lime
- ½ ounce of unsalted butter
- 2 heaping tablespoons of red curry paste
- 2 pounds of fresh or frozen mussels
- 1 cup of white wine
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- Kosher salt and cracked pepper to taste
- ½ cup of fresh cilantro leaves
For the Goat Cheese Spread:
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1 lemon
- 4 ounces of softened goat cheese
- 1 loaf of Artisan bread
- Mussels: In a large hot sauté pan with butter, add in the shallots, garlic and jalapeño and caramelize. Once brown, add in the curry paste and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Next add in the mussels and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Deglaze with wine, then add in the coconut milk, lime zest and lime juice and let braise on medium-high heat until the mussels open up. Adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper.
- Goat Cheese: In a medium sized bowl whisk together lemon zest, lemon juice and goat cheese until completely combined. Spread the goat cheese on slices of Artisan bread.
- To Plate: Simply pour the mussels into a large bowl and top off with fresh cilantro leaves. Serve the mussels along side the to goat cheese, bread and with a chilled glass of Starborough Sauvignon Blanc.