If you love this recipe then you will absolutely die for my Blackened Mahi Mahi Tacos Recipe.
Citrus Salad with Spicy Mahi Mahi
This Citrus Salad with Spicy Mahi Mahi and Cilantro Rice is sure to be a family hit!
For the Citrus Salad:
- 1/2 julienne red bell pepper
- 1/2 julienne jalapeño
- 1/2 julienne red onion
- 1 orange cut into supreme segments
- 1 grape fruit cut into supreme segments
- 20 whole fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 thinly sliced fresh green onions
- juice of 1 lime
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
For the Mahi Mahi:
- 2 tablespoons of Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon of dry oregano
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon of onion powder
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- two 6 ounce fillets of fresh mahi mahi
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
For the Rice:
- 2 cups of cooked jasmine rice
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh cilantrol
- juice of 1/2 lime
- Kosher salt to taste
Citrus Salad: Simply combine all of the ingredients in the citrus salad list into a bowl and keep cool in the refrigerator
Spanish Rub and Fish: Combine all dry seasonings together and using 1 tablespoons of the rub, season the fish generously on both sides. Reserve the remaining rub in a cool dry area.
In a saute pan on high heat with 1 teaspoon of olive oil and sear the fish on both sides until it is golden brown and cooked through out. Once cooked, remove from the pan and set aside.
Prepare rice according to directions and once cooked, toss in a bowl with cilantro, lime juice and salt.
To Plate: Serve the fish over the rice with the citrus salad on top.