I was in a pizza frenzy the other day and with 9 dough balls, I had to do somethin so out came this tasty Chicken Pizza Recipe with Olives and Artichokes. In addition to the Fig and Prosciutto Pizza I had a ton of vegetables, and a rotisserie chicken lying around, so I came up with this delicious full flavored Mediterranean Chicken Pizza Recipe. I loaded it up with tomatoes, spinach, basil, olives, roasted garlic and artichokes for a delicious pizza pie! Learn how easy it is to make a homemade pizza dough and make a great tasting pizza. Hope you enjoy it!
The best think about pizza is just how versatile they can be. I mean having a ton of leftover ingredients allowed me to make this tasty Chicken Pizza Recipe with Olives and Artichokes, which was honestly good enough to put on a menu at a restaurant somewhere. My suggestion to you is to first make the dough and then get creative. Happy Cooking!!
a little over the top shot of this delicious Chicken Pizza Recipe with Olives and Artichokes.
Chicken Pizza Recipe with Olives and Artichokes
For the Pizza Dough:
- 4 1/2 cups of chilled unbleached high-gluten bread or all-purpose flour + more for dusting
- 1 3/4 teaspoons of Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of instant yeast
- 1/4 cup of olive oil + more for coating
- 1 3/4 cups of ice cold water
- cornmeal for dusting
For the Pizza:
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup of chopped rotisserie chicken
- 1/4 cup of sliced roasted red bell pepper
- 9 sliced assorted olives I used black, green and Kalamata
- 1 to mato sliced into thin wedges
- 1/4 cup of sliced sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup os artichokes cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 cup of spinach leaves
- 10 to 12 roasted garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup of crumbeled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh basil
- Pizza Dough: Using the hook attachment in a kitchen aid mixer on low speed blend flour, salt, sugar and yeast. Next, slowly drizzle in olive oil until combined and then slowly drizzle in cold water.
- Once combined turn it to medium speed and mix for 5 to 7 minutes. Once combined add to a flour dusted surface and form small dough balls (should be 4 individual balls) and place them on a flour dusted pan lined with parchment paper. Next, our a little olive oil over the top of each dough ball, wrap the pan completely and place in the refrigerator over night. After resting, simply roll the dough out on a flour dusted surface using your hands and knuckles (Do not use a rolling pin as it will not work that well, you need to stretch the dough using your hands). NOTE: This recipe is only for 1 pizza - freeze the other 3 dough balls.
- When the dough is rolled out brush on olive oil. Next, evenly spread the mozzarella cheese followed up by evenly spreading out all of the vegetables and chicken, reserve the chopped herbs. Next, transfer to a pizza stone or a sheet pan dusted with corn meal on 500° for 8 to 12 minutes. NOTE: If using a stone place it in the oven during the preheat process.
- Once the pizza is cooked, top off with fresh herbs. Cut into slices and serve!