If you are looking for intense tomato flavor then be sure to try this Cherry Tomato Confit recipe! These little tomatoes are bursting with delicious slow roasted tomato flavor and go great on a salad after they’ve been chilled or as a side item to accompany any main dish!
Cherry Tomato Confit
- 3 cups of assorted cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1/2 cup of garlic cloves
- 15 to 20 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Spread the cut in half cherry tomatoes seed side all over a sheet pan lined with parchment paper along with the garlic cloves. Also, spread the thyme sprigs over the top of the tomatoes, drizzle over the pan with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and slow roast at 250° for 90 to 120 minutes or until the tomatoes have reduced in size and appear roasted and concentrated. Serve warm or cool.