The south just got it right when it came to desserts. Whether it’s vanilla pudding, bread pudding, or this peach cobbler, everything is purely divine, so here’s to you Southern grandmas and ancestors who have satisfied my sweet taste buds over and over again with your delicious inventions. Cobbler could not be any easier to make, it’s literally a few ingredients and I made it even easier by dumping everything into a cast iron skillet and serving it up on it. It certainly makes your portion size large if you eat straight out of the skillet, but who would do that? ME, that’s who!
It’s so crazy to think that I originally went to culinary school to be a pastry chef, and then while there I decided I didn’t have the patience or sweet tooth desires to fulfill it. However now that I’m in my 30’s something has transformed in my mouth and I feel like my day is not complete with out something sweet, it’s weird! There is obviously a lot of tooth brushing going on in my house haha.
To make things even more tasty in this Skillet Blueberry and Peach Cobbler Recipe I decided to add in some Bob’s Red Mill® Rolled Oats to the Bob’s Red Mill® Organic All-Purpose Flour, just because why not?! Add in a little cinnamon, butter, sugar and boom you’re done with the crust!
The filling can literally be whatever you want it to, I chose blueberries and peaches because I’ve been waiting so patiently for Georgia peaches to come in season and could not wait to use’em up! Don’t forget to pin the big guy below, ENJOY!
- 5 peeled, pitted and sliced fresh yellow peaches
- 1 cup of blueberries
- ¾ cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cups flour
- 1¼ cup of rolled oats
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 stick of chilled butter cut into chunks
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- In a large bowl mix together the peaches, blueberries, sugar, flour and lemon juice and pour into a large cast iron skillet
- Next in a separate large bowl mix together all of the batter ingredients until combined.
- Using a spatula pour the batter all over the peaches and blueberries in the skillet and spread around until they are completely covered.
- Bake the pan in the oven on 350° for 40 to 45 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream!