If you’re looking for a fantastic holiday entertaining recipe, then this elegant easy to make pan roasted beef tenderloin with herb butter is exactly what should be on your menu!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of the NFRA. The opinions and text are all mine.
Outside of the summertime I can’t think of a time when we are entertaining more than in December. Whether it’s a last-minute get together with friends or the holidays, it’s absolutely rockin’ this month. With all the mayhem that goes down, I always like to have some easy to make, delicious recipes like this one in my back pocket.
No matter what I’m cooking up, my first stop in the grocery store is always the dairy aisle. I’m obsessed with compound butters and all of the unique, fun ingredients you can put in them to really take your food to the next level. Whether you are finishing off some vegetables, a pasta, or even a steak, compound butters are a chef’s best friend.
Land O’Lakes®, with its 1700 dairy farmers, makes such creamy delicious butter. Their unsalted sweet cream butter is a staple in my refrigerator and is used on a daily basis. Adding it to a sauce, cooking up pan cakes or pouring it on popcorn, it’s in constant use. To make this compound butter you simply need to make sure that it’s softened up before mixing it with some sun-dried tomatoes, parsley, garlic, shallots, rosemary, salt and pepper until it’s completely combined.
Now my favorite part about compound butters is that they freeze amazingly well which means all you need to do is simply pull out a slice or scoop whenever it is you want to use it. Brilliant! The steak portion of this recipe is just a personal preference because, well, my wife only likes beef tenderloin. The process of pan roasting it is extremely easy and always renders the best flavor.
Since beef tenderloin is not the most flavorful cut of meat, adding in a few pads of Land O’ Lakes unsalted butter can go a long way to adding flavor as well as helping it to brown up. This my friend is a very classic technique when pan roasting and something you should put into practice immediately!
When wanting to impress your guests with an awesome delicious meal, look no further than this incredibly easy to make, fancy, beef tenderloin recipe with sun-dried tomato herb butter!
Beef Tenderloin with Sun-Dried Tomato Herb Butter
- 2 sticks softened unsalted Land O’ Lakes butter + 4 teaspoons
- 2 finely minced cloves of garlic
- ½ peeled small diced shallot
- 1/3 cup minced sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/3 cup finely minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely minced rosemary
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper + more to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 8- ounce filet mignons or 1 16-ounce filet
- Butter: In a medium size bowl whisk together the 2 sticks of butter, garlic, shallots, sun-dried tomatoes, parsley, rosemary, 2 teaspoons of salt and ½ teaspoon of pepper until combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a sheet of parchment paper and roll up until it forms a long cylinder. Twist the edges to tighten the butter roll and freeze for up to 3 months.
- Steak: Season the steak on both sides with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Add the olive oil to a hot sauté pan over medium high heat until it begins to lightly smoke.
- Add the filets along with 4 teaspoons of butter and cook for 3-4 minutes per side for a rare to medium rare internal temperature.
- Remove the filets and serve with slices of the frozen sun-dried tomato herb butter.