Basil Pesto Recipe with Shrimp and Scallop Fettucini
Try this Basil Pesto Recipe with Shrimp and Scallop Fettucini that the whole family will love!
- Six 16-20 per pound peeled and deveined shrimp
- 3 large scallops, foot removed
- ⅓ cup julienne sun dried tomatoes
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ - ⅓ cup + 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 ounce shredded Parmesan (optional)
- 6 ounces fettucini noodles
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Puree together lemon juice, basil leaves, pine nuts, parmesan cheese, ¼ – ⅓ cup olive oil and salt and pepper until combined.
- The pesto should be very thick with a slight run of olive oil. When finished set aside.
- Next, season the seafood on all sides with salt and pepper.
- In a large saute pan on high heat add in 1 tablespoon of olive oil and caramelize all sides of the seafood taking care not to over cook (turn the heat down if necessary).
- While the seafood is cooking add the fettucini to a large pot of salted boiling water and cook until al dente (slightly crunchy)
- Once the noodles are cooked, strain them from the water and add them to the seafood pan.
- Add in the pesto and sun dried tomatoes to the seafood pasta and toss so all the food is covered in pesto.
- Adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper.