Barbecue Beer Can Chicken
Try this easy to make Barbecue Beer Can Chicken that is sure to be a fan favorite
- 1 whole roasting chicken
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- ½ cup of steak sauce
- 1 cup of your favorite barbecue sauce
- 24 ounce can of beer (keep it real and use PBR)
- Place the chicken, with giblets removed and carcass rinsed and dried, in a large bowl and completely coat in olive oil, salt and pepper. Once seasoned, place the chicken on top of the beer can (pop the top before) with the carcass surrounding the beer.
- Put the beer can chicken onto a pan or a cast iron skillet and place on a hot grill (400° to 500°) for 45 to 60 minutes or until golden brown ad cooked through. After 15 minutes of cooking and browning, baste the chicken with the steak sauce and cook for 15 minutes. Fifteen minutes after that, baste with ½ of the amount of barbecue sauce, followed by the same process 15 minutes later. Once cooked, remove from the heat and cut in half and serve.