Prepare for your mind to be blow in this Banana Oat Muffins Recipe! I use it all, including the banana peel!
I know what you’re thinking, “What in the world are you doing?” Well I’m hear to help start a new trend where in fact we are one of the only countries that doesn’t eat the peeling.
That’s right, most other countries eat the peel. It’s loaded with Fiber, Vitamin C, B-6, Potassium and Magnesium. Top off these beauties with an oatmeal topping!
Don’t forget to spray up your pan with PAM Original Non-Stick Cooking Spray so they slide right out.
They bake perfectly every time and have such a nice rich brown flavor, which is different when not using the peels. I like it!
The topping just makes this muffin, I mean who doesn’t like oatmeal and brown sugar?
So you can see over top… And now from the side!
And last but not least and extreme close up!
Banana Oat Muffins Recipe
For the Muffin:
- 1 can of PAM® Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 ¼ cups of oats
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- ½ cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2 whole bananas ends cut off
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup of melted butter
- ¼ cup of Greek yogurt
For the Topping:
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- ¼ cup of oats
- ¼ cup of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, oats, brown sugar, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, pinch of salt, and cinnamon until combined and set aside.
- Next, add the bananas, eggs, melted butter and Greek yogurt to a blender and puree on high speed until smooth.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients until combined and set aside.
- For the topping: In a separate medium size bowl cut together the butter, oats, brown sugar and flour until the butter is the size of rice.
- Spray the inside of a 12 count muffin tin sprayed with PAM® Non-Stick Cooking Spray and divide the batter into each muffin slot and top off with the oatmeal-brown sugar topping.
- Bake the tray in the oven at 350° for 22 to 25 minutes or until they are lightly browned and firm.
- Cool before serving.