DUDE!! Literally all I can say about this Baked Beans with Bacon and Molasses recipe. Hands down the best baked beans I’ve ever eaten, made, shared, etc. A perfect blend of savory and sweet with a touch of saltiness from the bacon. I was experimenting while making this and now it has turned out to be a favorite every time I make it. But hey don’t worry you can have the recipe too! So the next time you want to impress some folks with a simple side dish, slap this Baked Beans with Bacon and Molasses recipe in their faces!
Baked Beans with Bacon and Molasses
- two 15 ounce cans of rinsed kidney beans
- 15 ounce can of rinsed navy beans
- 15 ounce can of rinsed great northern beans
- 15 ounce can of rinsed cannelini beans
- 15 ounce can of rinsed black beans
- 1 1/2 cups of ketchup
- 1/4 cup of yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons of dry mustard
- 1/3 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup of pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup of dark molasses
- 1/3 cup of light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup of maple syrup
- 8 strips of chopped bacon
- 1 small diced red onion
- 1 small diced yellow onion
- Lea & Perrins sauce to taste
- In a dutch oven on a burner on high heat, render the bacon until crispy. Once the bacon is cooked, remove from the pan and set aside. Next, caramelize the onions. When the onions are brown, add in the strained and rinsed beans (Feel free to use all kidney beans), crispy bacon and remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Place the lid to the dutch oven on top of the pan and place in the oven on 275° for 2 1/2 to 3 hours, stirring every 45 minutes. Once cooked, remove from the oven and serve.